March 19, 2011
Important announcement from HOPE-JP
We sent a helicopter to assess the situation on the ground and the need is so great that we have decided to extend our Donation Drive until at least Tuesday, March 22nd. We will be accepting donations from 8am to 4pm on the 20th, 21st and 22nd.
HOPE-JP and Global Medic have been collecting supplies to at our Donation Drive at the Hilton Nagoya today and the turnout has been good and many people have already come to donate supplies and show their support. We are hoping that by extending our Donation Drive we will be able to send two more two-ton trucks in the next three days.
This Donation Drive is in addition to the ongoing Food Drive organized by Hilton Nagoya. They are collecting non perishable food items in the hotel lobby.
Yesterday marked one week after the greatest earthquake ever recorded in Japanese history hit the Tohoku area. There are now around four hundred thousand people who have lost their homes or who have been evacuated and are now living in shelters throughout Northern Japan.
We are in need of donations of selected items, funds and volunteers.
Where: Hilton Nagoya (5 minutes walk from exit 7 of Fushimi station).
When: From 8am to 4pm on Sunday 20th, Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd.
Items needed: Items marked with an asterisk (*) must be donated in new and unopened packaging
· Diapers – Adult and baby *
· New baby bottles and nipples
· Baby wipes *
· Baby Formula*
· Napkins * (No tampons, please)
· Cold & Flu medicine*
· Hay-fever medicine*
· Bandages and antiseptic *
· Hokkairo * (heating patch)
· Food stuff, instant noodles
· Foldable bicycles
· For packing and shipping purposes we are asking for cardboard boxes
For this shipment we are not collecting clothing items and blankets. Please do not bring any of these items at this time.
· We are also looking for volunteers who will help us sort and pack the donations and load them into the truck. If you are interested please contact: email@example.com
· We are creating a list of drivers to possibly drive to some of the affected areas. If you are interested to be added to this list please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· We are looking for people who own trucks and would be willing lend it to HOPE-JP to bring supplies to the affected areas.
Please come in great numbers and show the people of Northern Japan that Nagoya is with them in spirit. We all have the power to help in a significant way.
For any questions or further information please contact: email@example.com